In my shoes
Today's idiom is an expression from a proverb. "Don't judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes." The English proverb's origin appears to be unknown, but the idea is common to many cultures. It suggests that people should try to understand each other's perspectives. The phrase "in my shoes" is used in other situations, too. "Put yourself in his shoes," or "If I were in your shoes," etc. It means to see the world from someone else's perspective, to try to understand a person better. If I were you.....내신발을신고
오늘의 숙어는 속담에서 나오는 표현입니다. "남을 판단하기 전에 먼저 그의 신발을 신고 1마일을 걸어보라" (Don't judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes.) 이 영어 속담의 원인은 미상 인 듯하는데, 이 개념은 많은 사회의 공통점이죠. 이속담의 뜻은 사람들이 서로 남의 입장을 이해해야 된다는 거예요. 그중에 "나의 신발을 신고" (in my shoes) 라는 표현은 다른 상황에서도 쓰게 됩니다. "그의 신발을 신어보라" (Put yourself in his shoes) 또는 "나는 너의 신발을 신었으면" (If I were in your shoes) 등. 이런 표현은 다른 사람의 마음을 더 잘 이해하려고, 세상을 그 사람의 입장에서 봐야된다는 뜻 입니다. 나는 너라면.......
No comments:
Post a Comment