Stick around
Stick around means to not go anywhere, to stay where you are. This can mean stay in one place, or it can mean to stay with someone. So sometimes people say, "I'm not sticking around for the next part, I have to leave." or maybe, "If you stick around, I'll show you." As such, stick around almost means "wait." So this idiom can be found in lots of love songs. Stick can also mean "bear," so this phrase almost gives a feeling like asking a favor.
근처에남아있다/ 언제까지나머무르다
Stick around은 어디로 가지 말고 자기가 있는 곳에 머무르다는 뜻입니다. 이말은 어떤 한곳에 머무르거나 사람과 함께 있는 뜻일수도 있습니다. 그래서 사람이 "I'm not sticking around for the next part, (난 다음것을 보려 머무르지 않을 것이다) I have to leave. (난 가야 한다)" 아니면 "If you stick around,(여기서 머무러주면) I'll show you.(난 너에게 보여줄게)" 라고 이렇게 말을 합니다. 이래서 stick around은 거의 기다리다는 뜻을 가지고 있습니다. 그래서 이표현은 많은 사랑 노래에서 찾을수 있습니다. "Stick"은 또한, 참다는 뜻일수도 있으니, 이표현은 어느정도 부탁하는 느낌도 전달해 줍니다
Stick around means to not go anywhere, to stay where you are. This can mean stay in one place, or it can mean to stay with someone. So sometimes people say, "I'm not sticking around for the next part, I have to leave." or maybe, "If you stick around, I'll show you." As such, stick around almost means "wait." So this idiom can be found in lots of love songs. Stick can also mean "bear," so this phrase almost gives a feeling like asking a favor.
근처에남아있다/ 언제까지나머무르다
Stick around은 어디로 가지 말고 자기가 있는 곳에 머무르다는 뜻입니다. 이말은 어떤 한곳에 머무르거나 사람과 함께 있는 뜻일수도 있습니다. 그래서 사람이 "I'm not sticking around for the next part, (난 다음것을 보려 머무르지 않을 것이다) I have to leave. (난 가야 한다)" 아니면 "If you stick around,(여기서 머무러주면) I'll show you.(난 너에게 보여줄게)" 라고 이렇게 말을 합니다. 이래서 stick around은 거의 기다리다는 뜻을 가지고 있습니다. 그래서 이표현은 많은 사랑 노래에서 찾을수 있습니다. "Stick"은 또한, 참다는 뜻일수도 있으니, 이표현은 어느정도 부탁하는 느낌도 전달해 줍니다
No comments:
Post a Comment